Application tips – dark lips
Dark lips is a key beauty trend this season and with just a few simple tips and tricks you can wear the look with confidence.
1) Firstly make sure your lips are flake free and well moisturised. I recommend using Fabulips treatment kit that is like a facial for the lips.
2) If you’re wearing a dark lip colour for a party and want it to last the whole night then apply a lip primer, foundation or dust translucent powder. This will help the make up to stick so the colour lasts longer.
3) Dark shades a dramatic and will draw lots of attention so you need to make sure your lips are pout-perfect. Use a lip liner that matches the colour of your lipstick and carefully follow the shape of your lips to give them definition. A lip liner will also stop the colour of your lipstick from bleeding.
4) When wearing dark shades make sure you keep the rest of the face subtle and natural. Avoid blusher and just focus on the lips and eyes. A few coats of mascara to lengthen those lashes. If you want your peepers to stand out that little bit more, then gently line the top of the lids and use soft, neutral eyeshadows.
5) Avoid blusher but if you want to give the contours of your cheeks some definition then use a highlighter.
6) Fill in your lips using a lip brush. For best results use small strokes so you have more control over the depth of the shade. If you want to mute the shade and make it less intensive apply clear lip gloss over the top.
7) For the perfect finishing touches tie your hair back in a sleek ponytail or a bun so that the focus is on your dark, kissable-pout.