Festival Beauty Guide
Festival season is fast approaching and if you’ve planned your ideal-fest-outfit – shorts, maxi dress, bandanas, kaftans or floral printed tops, then you’ll need the perfect beauty kit to go with.
Keep your look simple yet effective. The focus should be on big brows, wide eye baby doll eyes and soft pale lips and cheeks. Add a splash of colour to the nails so it clashes with vibrant hippie-inspired prints.
Top Tip:For this look use a tinted moisturiser with SPF to get a natural, flawless, light coverage finish.
Dark & Edgy
Think dramatic and edgy with full-on black smokey eyes, false eyelashes and glam rock nails. As this look is heavy on the eyes keep the rest of the fast minimal with a touch of bronzer to contour the cheeks and a hint of colour to the lips.
Bold & Bright
Experiment with an array of colour-clashing shades for the lips, eyes and cheeks. For the nails Illamsqua’s UV nails is a festival must-have, simply apply the Geist Top Coat over the Paranormal UV Nail Varnishes to seem glow under UV light.
Illamsqua Paranormal UV Nail Varnish
Illamsqua Paranormal UV Geist Top Coat Top coat
Clarins Smooth Instant Crystal Lip Balm
Cargo eyeshadow colour Palette Tahiti
Ck one gloss eyecolour
Bobbi Brown Blush
Top Tip: To make colour last longer apply Benefit’s stay don’t stray primer.
More Top Tips
* You can never rely on the weather during fest-season so opt for waterproof make up that will stay put come rain or shine.
* Layering is not just for clothes, you can layer your make up too. For instance, if you’re taking your favourite mascara because you like the overall lash effect, make sure you pack a waterproof one too like MAC False Lashes Waterproof mascara. Apply over your original mascara so that you can enjoy smudge-free and clump-free lashes especially during the humidty, wet weather or when you’re dancing under hot lights.
* Anything Doublewear by Estee Lauder is a must-have. Doublewear foundation, lipstick, mascara and gel eyeliner will stay in place for longer so you can avoid those pesky touch-ups throughout the day.
* Opt for multi-tasking products such as Bobbi Brown’s Pot Rouge for lips and cheeks to save some space in your bag.
* Check out our wide selection of make up kits that contain all your must-have essentials in one handy box.