Sophisticated, nude make up
Today we’re talking neutral make up as seen above, and on Kim Kardashian since her split with husband Kris Humphries after just 72 days of marriage.
Recent pics in magazines shows Kimmy K opting for (shock, horror) natural, neutral nude colours instead of her usual full-on glam make up with lashings of lashes and bold lips. I’m loving the toned-down make up on Kim, it’s sophisticated and radiant. Although we know that the statement she is trying to make is that she’s pained over her split, it’s fair to say that Kim’s break up, make up is still fabulous and bang on-trend. Kim still accentuates her eyes with liner, mascara and lashes but the rest of the face is kept to a minimum with just a hint of foundation that suits her skin tone, a touch of blush and a clear gloss or a pale nude lipstick to complement her beautiful olive complexion.
This Autumn/Winter nudes and neutral shades are key and is also a strong trend right through until Spring/Summer 2012. The ‘au natural’ look was featured on recent runway shows with coveted Designers including Antonio Berardi, Ralph Lauren and Louis Vuitton opting for a ‘less is more’ approach.
To get the perfect natural look just follow these few simple steps:
2) To even out the skin tone use concealer uder the eyes and to hide any blemishes.
3) Set the foundation with a loose powder.
4) Contour the face by sweeping a highlighter onto the cheekbones, bridge of the nose and across cupid’s bow (the curve of the upper lip – where it curves and dips).
5) For the eyes use beige shades like virgin, sin and naked as found in the Naked Palette by Urban Decay. Line the of the lashes using Bobbi Brown’s Gel eyeliner and coat the lashes with ‘They’re Real’ mascara by Benefit.
6) You can opt to leave the cheeks bare or use a pale cream blush that blends in to give a pinch-perfect subtle glow.