The low down on your skincare routine
Skin routines can vary depending on your age and skin type but with so many products available it can get confusing as to what to use and when.
Below is a rundown on the skincare essentials you ultimately need to help keep your skin feeling refreshed, hydrated and youthful.
Cleansers are a great way to clean and freshen the skin in morning or help to remove all traces of makeup in evening. For best results use twice daily.
* Clarins Foaming Cleanser – Voted Beauty Club Award Winner 2011
The lightweight lather rinses easily and protects skin from the drying effects of hard water.
* Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser – A Highly Recommended product as voted by you in our Beauty Club Awards Effectively removes make up and sunscreen.
* Elemis Tri Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash – A Highly Recommended product as voted by you in our Beauty Club Awards
Use daily to boost skin renewal whilst smoothing and refreshing the skin surface.
Get spa-treatment results from the comfort of your own home with a face mask. Apply generously to all areas of the face and let the specially formulated ingredients work their magic whilst you sit back and relax. Whether it’s restoring and repairing or hydrating and moisturising, there’s a face mask to help combat all your skin concerns.
* Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel – Voted Beauty Club Award Winner 2011
This rinse-off exfoliating cream with Vitamin E and marine algae helps to moisturise, repair and protect the skin.
* Clarins HydraQuench Cream Mask – A Highly Recommended product as voted by you in our Beauty Club Awards
in just 5-10 minutes his mask’s creamy texture quickly restores skin’s ideal moisture balance.
* Dead Sea Magik Algimud Active Seaweed Mask
Leave the mixture of Pure Dead Sea Mud and natural seaweed to set and then peel off to leave skin incredibly soft, refreshed and youthful.
Toners are used after cleansing and before moisturising. They help to give the skin an extra moisture boost but also to ensure that stubborn make up is removed after washing and cleansing.
* Guerlain Success Future Toner
Add this toner to your skincare ritual and to smooth and firm the skin. Pure amber extract is the key to this dual performance due to its restorative age-defying complex.
* NEW Clarins Energizer Wake-Up Booster
A liquid gel that instantly freshens, tones and hydrates skin first thing in the morning.
Origins Zero Oil Toner
Pores appear tightened and refined. Leaves skin comfortable and refreshed. Promotes a matte appearance.
First thing’s first. A combination of environmental factors and late nights can create havoc on your skin. Dry patches appear, skin feels dull and has an all-over lack lustre look so it’s time to bring out the big beauty guns – the exfoliators for the face and body. I always opt for gentle face exfoliators as they are less harsh and kinder to the skin’s surface.
* Elizabeth Arden Intervene 3-in-1 Cleanser Exfoliator Primer
A cleanser that exfoliates and primes the skin. The ideal, multi-tasking first step before moisturising.
* Clinique exfoliating scrub
A skin-clearing, water-based scrub for strong, oily skins. Contains menthol, which gives the skin a fresh, cooling sensation.
* Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Fresh Balancing Exfoliator
Formulated with gentle polishing beads to effectively buff away dry flakes and gently resurface skin. Refines and brightens as it helps minimise the appearance of pores and imperfections
Once you’ve exfoliated, prepped and primed the skin you’re ready to moisturise. For the face use a moisturiser that targets skin dryness by deeply hydrating. Don’t forget to moisturise the sides of the nose, temples, chin and neck. Use moisturisers daily – they’re your ultimate skin-saviours that help to hydrate and protect.
* Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion – Beauty Club Award Winner 2011
Helps replenish lost moisture so skin looks fresher and healthier.
* Clarins Multi-Active Day Cream – A Highly Recommended product as voted by you in our Beauty Club Awards
Reduces early wrinkles to leave skin smooth, fresh and younger looking.
* Origins A Perfect World SPF 25 Age-defense Moisturiser with White Tea – A Highly Recommended product as voted by you in our Beauty Club Awards
Naturally protects skin to help delay signs of premature ageing.
If you have dry skin then serums help to give your skin added nourishment. For best results apply under a night cream. The powerful ingredients also help to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
* Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex – Beauty Club Award Winner 2011
Use it every day to help reduce the appearance of past damage, help prevent future damage and deliver high levels of hydration.
* Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus – A Highly Recommended product as voted by you in our Beauty Club Awards
Visibly reduces lines and wrinkles for a smoother and younger appearance.
* Elizabeth Arden Prevage Face – Adavanced Anti-Ageing Serum
The new Prevage face advanced anti-ageing serum diminishes the appearance of lines, wrinkles, minor scars, redness, age spots and sun damage so skin looks younger than ever. Here’s to rolling back those years!
Night creams are are a great way to speed up night time recovery and to counter the effect of sleep debt and daytime stress. The highly concentrated formulas work hard during the night so you can wake up with glowing and rested looking skin.
* Clarins Extra Firming Night Cream – Beauty Club Award Winner 2011
Helps to slow down the ageing process for women over 40+>
* Clarins Repairwear Lift Firming Night Cream – A Highly Recommended product as voted by you in our Beauty Club Awards
A luxurious hydrating anti-ageing cream formulated to intensify skin’s natural repair cycle.
* Lancome Renergie Morpholift R.A.R.E Night Cream – A Highly Recommended product as voted by you in our Beauty Club Awards
A powerful night cream that leaves skin feeling tighter, lifted and more youthful.
Combat signs of fatigue, dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles around the eye area with an eye cream or a specially designed eye serum. For best results use twice daily under moisturisers.
* Clinique All About Eyes – Beauty Club Award winner 2011
Instantly relieves the appearance of under-eye fatigue so eyes appear brighter.
* Estee Lauder Advanaced Night Repair Synchronized Eye Recovery Complex – A Highly Recommended product as voted by you in our Beauty Club Awards
A ground-breaking anti-ageing formula that protects and repairs the eye area.
* Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate – A Highly Recommended product as voted by you in our Beauty Club Awards
Highly concentrated to minimise puffiness, dark circles and fine lines.