Today I’m…wearing lilac
The sun’s out and there’s no better way to update your look with fresh new colours. I’ve taken inspiration from spring/summer catwalks and today I’m wearing lilac.
Lilac is the hottest hue of the season for eyes and creates a sexy spring look. If you’re feeling daring add red hot lips to the mix and strut with confidence.
Lilacs in the limelight
* Illamasqua Purple Smoke Quad Eyeshadow Palette
* Nails Inc St Johns Wood nail polish
How to apply
* Using your eyeshadow applicator dust on the shadow from the lashline up to the crease. If you want to create a night time effect, use two tones of purple. For the lower lids go dark and for upper lids go light but make sure the two shades complement each other.
* Use a black liner but don’t make the line too thick as this will take the attention away from the lilac shade. Go for full-on lash-tastic lashes. Black mascara that volumises, plumps and lengthens will add a high drama to this super sexy look.
* As the lilac shadow is the focus of your look keep foundation light and blusher light in pastel shades such as soft pink.
* Top off the look with red-hot lips if you’re feeling daring. Nude lips and clear gloss also works as does soft pastel shades.
* If you don’t feel confident wearing lilac eyeshadow then opt for lilac nails.