We’re into the final week of our National Baking Week baking competition and have already had loads of fantastic entries but if you’re struggling why not try one of our easy and tasty recipes, like this one for easy tea time cake courtesy of Pyrex. Good luck and happy baking!
- 4 whole eggs
- 450gm Billingtons Golden Granulated sugar
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 250ml Just Milk Semi-Skimmed
- 115gm Polenta (cornmeal flour)
- 115gm Allinson white flour
- 1 large tablespoon of baking powder
- Sugar and cinnamon to taste
1) Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C
2) Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a Pyrex bowl and set aside.
3) Butter the cake tin and cover with the mixture of sugar and cinnamon, leaving no gaps.
4) Using the blender, mix all the ingredients together at medium speed. Pour into prepared bake tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.