Dress for success with inspiration from the three most influential political female figures. We bring you three key items to make an office-suitable statement for any powerful woman.
A comfortable court
Female power is the talk of the town at the moment, with Britain’s new Prime Minister Theresa May who recently moved into 10 Downing Street. Take inspiration from the current PM, with her iconic leopard courts – adding a touch of elegant luxe to a formal suited style.
A pop of colour
Work wear style doesn’t have to be boring with constant dark shades – add a pop of colour to your wardrobe like Hillary Clinton. Female American politician and nominee for the upcoming US election in November, commonly opts for a bright hue. Go for empowering bold colours such as pink or yellow to brighten up any outfit.
A statement dress
Lawyer, writer and First Lady Michelle Obama is the epitome of female power and a style icon in her own right. Rule the room in stand-out pieces such as a bold staple dress, which allows for minimal accessories. Her colour blocking and signature knee-length dresses always keeps Michelle in style when stepping out of the White House.
We’ve collated our top 10 hotlist for girl-power dressing:
Shop the Edit:
- Monsoon Blue ‘Copal’ lace dress
- Call It Spring Tan ‘Abeasen’ leopard print pointed high court shoes
- Phase Eight Alannah Print Blouse
- Bulova Ladies yellow gold IP bicolour stainless steel case and bracelet watch
- Yumi black Culotte Trousers With Wide Leg
- Osprey London Black leather mock croc shoulder bag
- Kyoto Pearl White twisted pearl necklace
- KG Kurt Geiger Natural Bella High Heel Court Shoes
- Debut Silver ruffled organza stole
- Jacques Vert Sharp Edge Bolero
(Images courtesy of Rex.)