The fun-loving embroidery trend that re-emerged this spring is here stay and what’s not to love about sequined badges, floral patterns and pastel stitched hues? Sew up this season in style with our trend-ready guide to embroidered pieces.
Embroidery is everywhere at the moment with various needlework designs seen at a number of runway shows, including Alexander McQueen’s glitz and glam unicorn embellishments and Gucci’s oriental inspired floral patterns.
Whether you’re into in-your-face fashion with eccentric designs or prefer subtle touches with a simple chic outfit, the trend suits minimalists and maximalists alike, with styles ranging from minimal floral denim detailing to statement covered bombers.
Dip your toes in the trend and take slogan tees to a more demure level with stitched motto’s, or opt for an embroidered evening ensemble with a range of pretty party-ready gowns.
Celebrities are already showing off the trend on the red carpet, from the likes of Anna Wintour to Olivia Palermo wearing embroidered pieces. Among the celebs who are in favor of this intricate handiwork is Margot Robbie, who recently wore this Gucci pre-fall 2016 tiger and floral embroidered dress for the London premiere of Suicide Squad.
We’ve collated our top 10 items of this eye-catching style to help you introduce some embroidery to your wardrobe:
Shop the edit:
- Miss Selfridge black embroidered gypsy blouse.
- Nine by Savannah Miller – Black embroidered trophy jacket.
- Oasis – embroidered high neck dress.
- The Collection – navy bird and floral embroidered purse.
- Oasis V&A embroidered t-shirt.
- Miss Selfridge embroidered bell sleeve blouse.
- Oasis embroidered skirt.
- Miss Selfridge Athena floral embroidered boot.
- Yumi black flower embroidered bomber jacket.
- Miss Selfridge floral embroidered denim short.
Shop all embroidered pieces here.
(Images courtesy of: vogue.co.uk, rex.com)