Festive fashion tips from a celebrity stylist
BY STYLE EDITOR, ON 6 DEC 2009 20:26 CELEBRITY & GOSSIPCOMMENTS
Celebrity stylist Kirsty Drury (above right) has joined forces with Wonderbra to share her top tips for making Kylie, Rachel Stevens and Cat Deeley look their best for the party season. Read on for style enlightenment and some tips on saving a few pennies in the process too.
On buying the ultimate party dress . . .
- If you’re splashing the cash on your ultimate party dress you want to be able to wear it again and again. Go for an exquisitely cut dress that accentuates your body’s curves in a luxe fabric.
- It doesn’t want to be a glitzy ‘in your face’ dress, that will date after one season, as you’re going to vamp it up from party to party with on-trend accessories.
- You can find relatively cheap and ‘of the moment’ jewellery, bags, tights, belts, gloves that will update this dress from season to season, keeping it bang on trend and keeping the cash in your purse for more fun nights out.
Making the most of your strapless outfits:
- Get your hands on Wonderbra’s Ultimate Strapless bra. It really is the ultimate party accessory. The new hand shaped structure means you get a great cleavage and it won’t slide down, so you can keep dancing all night.
- Layer up an assortment of glam necklaces in the same colour palette as your dress – chunky sparkly beads, ethnic metal beads, chains, diamantés, long strands of stones. Raid your jewellery box and pile them on. More is definitely more with this look.
- Oversized chandelier earrings that graze bare shoulders are sooooo sexy and look great with short hair. Long hair? A gorgeous up-do is essential.
- If you’re a minimal kind of girl when it comes to jewellery then let your dress do the talking and give a nod to the party season by carrying an oversized jewelled clutch
Budget a bit tight and you’re looking for ways to update last year’s dress?
- If it’s a mini dress that you’re reworking go warrior princess with OTK (over the knee) fantasy boots worn with same colour tights. Trust me, these are essential, as you really don’t want to rock that Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman look.
- If your dress is short why not start the night wearing an oversized sharp-shouldered suit jacket with it? Haven’t got one yet? Shame on you! The contrast of a man’s suit jacket with a saucy little slip of a dress underneath is too sexy for words.
- If you’re wanting to revive a solid coloured strapless dress add four diamanté chain straps to each side of the bodice et voila you’ve got a very now Art Deco style strappy dress.
- If you wore that dress last year with bare legs then this year go for solid opaque tights finished off with a sexy on-trend ankle boot. So cool, so modern, so now.
And of course, don’t forget to have lots of fun! Have you got your Christmas party dress yet? What style have you chosen?