Last year we saw the rise and rise of skinny jeans. This season tailoring takes on the skinny look and gives suits a rock ‘n’ roll edge by making a much slimmer silhouette.
Suit jackets have been refined with shorter and narrower lapels, suit trouser legs have got a whole lot skinnier while the popularity of skinny ties continues to grow. So if you’re looking for a great new going-out look or office style, opt for skinny suit styling and start a new smart-rebellion trend.
I’ve even seen a lot of guys teaming their suit with pumps or deck shoes to give it a casual yet fashionable edge.
Things to consider when choosing your suit:
- Make sure that the waistline of your trousers sits comfortably. As a general rule trousers with pleats are better for those with larger tummies while flat front trousers give skinny guys a fuller shape
- The hem of the trousers should reach the top of your shoes and cuffless trousers can make you look taller
- Sleeve lengths of your jacket should reach the base of your thumb so that it shows half an inch to an inch of your shirt cuff.
- The waist of your suit jacket should easily fit across your stomach.
- Make sure that you that you have free movement of your arms.
If you’re still struggling to find your perfect suit just book an appointment with one of our expert personal shoppers who’ll be more than happy to help.