We’re determined to get fit for the party season so we can look as fabulous as possible in our favourite little black dress. Reebok master trainer, Sarah Maxwell – who is loved by celebrities Andrea McLean and strictly dancer Anton Du Beke – guides us through the second part of the Reebok little black dress workout.
Before we get started, we’ve also asked Sarah for her top tips on how to stay in tip top shape this festive season and how to resist temptation at all those Christmas soirees.
Sarah’s Tips for Surviving the Party Season
- Before you go out to party, make sure you have a little something to eat so that you don’t eat too many canapés on arrival.
- It’s sensible to pre-hydrate, not only will this help prevent a hangover but you will feel fuller too.
- Don’t stand near the buffet table.
- When you do go over to eat, look at everything on offer first. Decide what you really want to eat and then head straight for that.
- When you do have something to eat – use a small plate.
- Eat mindfully- take small bites, eat slowly and really savour the food. If you can, put down your knife and fork between mouthfuls.
- If it’s a sit down meal, just have 2 courses rather than 3. If the pudding looks good ditch the starter.
- Drink a glass of water for every glass of alcohol.
- Take a pair of flat shoes so that wearing high heels doesn’t put you off dancing.
- Make sure you get a good sleep as often as possible.
Now for the workout; remember to complete the warm up for about 2-3 minutes each day. Look back at Part 1 if you need a reminder.