Introducing our new mummy blogger
BY JULES, SENIOR BUYER & MUM ON 20 APR 2011 10:33 EVENTS & OFFERSCOMMENTS
Hi, I’m Jules and I’m a mum. My part time role at Debenhams is as a senior babywear buyer and the rest of the time my job is to be mum to my daughter Chloe who is 16 months old and growing fast!
In a monthly blog post I’ll be talking about my experiences with my little one as she grows up and, of course, I buy lots of essentials from Debenhams so I’m here to help if you need inspiration. Feel free to comment or send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to cover your kidswear queries here on my blog posts.
For my first post I thought I’d give you my top 5 buys of the season so far…
1. Chloe is teething again this week so thank goodness for Bluezoo bibs as it means that I don’t have to change her top every hour due to all the dribble – anything to save on the ever-growing pile of washing is a blessing, plus the bibs are so pretty they enhance her outfits rather than spoil them.
2. We decided to give Chloe a naming day rather than a traditional church christening but I was concerned what to dress her in other than a traditional christening gown. I found a great dress from J by Jasper Conran which was perfect for the day, and I found a nice women’s dress in J by Jasper Conran too – matching mum and baby!
3. My sister has just had a baby and is suffering from the never-ending lack of sleep. I gave her a blanket I had from J by Jasper Conran essentials and she was pleased as it kept him nice and snugly that he started sleeping so well at lunch she was able to start having a nap herself too giving herself a well earned rest.
4. Chloe has started nursery now and whilst she loves all the arts and crafts they get to do, I don’t love trying to get the stains out of her clothes. I’ve stopped putting her in pretty, expensive clothes now and am grateful for the Bluezoo legging packs and t shirt packs as they are perfect for a day in nursery.
5. My friends from home have started having babies now and it’s been really easy to buy them lovely newborn gifts such as a blanket or lovely sleepsuits. Plus at Debenhams we offer a great selection of Jelly Kitten comforter toys which are a great present for Chloe to give her new friends.
Fellow mums (and dads), feel free to introduce yourselves in the comments below. let’s get chatting…