London Fashion Week buzz from the Tweetwall
BY STYLE EDITOR, ON 18 SEP 2011 00:56 CELEBRITY & GOSSIPCOMMENTS
We love fashion, and with London Fashion Week taking place this week we wanted to get involved. Debenhams has sponsored the Tweetwall for #LFW – the place to go for up-to-the-minute Fashion Week news and gossip from the people who are there and watching it happen.
We’ve been out and about too and here is a little of what we’ve seen so far…
- Nicola Roberts caused a media frenzy at the Bora Aksu show – the PR teams had to keep the paps in check to avoid ruining the beautiful petals that were in a neat row down the catwalk.
- I spied the lovely Caryn Franklin front row at Jena Theo wearing a sequin trim khaki jacket, proof that sequins for daytime get the ultimate seal of approval from the style guru herself.
- Claudia Schiffer and Roland Mouret were front row at Fashion Fringe and also part of the judging panel… and yes, Claudia still looks every bit the supermodel. We’ll be asking our beauty editor for some top tips on cheating that supermodel glow come Monday.
- Mark Heyes and Lorraine Kelly sat together at the Jasper Conran show and admired the beautiful designs in a palette of white, black, grey, hot pink and bright red – perhaps our favourite colour scheme yet.
- Flat shoes are definitely more popular this season. Hilary Alexander is flying the flag for sneakers – on Friday it was leopard print and on Saturday she was sporting snake print ones.
- The guys are looking uber-stylish too this season. Steal their style in perfectly polished black shoes, sleek tailoring and a bow tie, go on, be brave!
We’ll be posting up some street style pics soon so keep your eyes peeled. And in the meantime, don’t forget to check out the Tweetwall.