I love this time of year because all my favourite magazines are full of inspiring ideas for the new season. As much as I love summer, Autumn always provides opportunities to experiment with fashion and invest in some great new pieces to revamp my current outfits. Plus, I don’t have to feel guilty about spending a little extra as with some savvy shopping my purchases will last me till Spring.
It’s always good to start thinking early about any gaps in your wardrobe. Here are some tips of what you can do now in preparation for the new season.
1. Take a look at your winter wardrobe for any damaged or worn items that won’t last another winter and clear some space.
2. Get any coats or formalwear dry cleaned so they are ready to wear when you need them.
3. Take boots or shoes that need re-heeling to the shoe repairers to keep them in tip-top condition.
4. Make a list of the things you need and keep this to hand when out shopping.
5. Look in magazines and on Be Inspired for all the key trends and think about which ones suit your body shape and personality.
6. Finally, have fun. Buying new clothes shouldn’t be a chore if you know where to find what you need.
If you need help updating your wardrobe Debenhams personal shoppers are on hand in many of our stores to assist you in finding clothing, footwear and accessories to suit you. We can also help with alterations to ensure you get the best fit possible, whatever your size and shape.
What is on your AW09 shopping list?
Visit Be inspired for the latest trends