The Debenhams free iPhone App has arrived
BY STYLE EDITOR, ON 12 OCT 2010 17:25 DEBENHAMS NEWSCOMMENTS
We’ve launched the ultimate app for shoppers with an iPhone. You can now shop with Debenhams directly from your mobile whether on the morning commute or waiting for friends at the pub.
Even the Saturday shopping excursion is transformed by the app, saving you both time and money. Our innovative ‘Barcode Scanner’ (the first by a high street retailer) uses the phone’s camera to snap product barcodes, automatically checking pricing and reviews. Buying via the app avoids queuing and means products can also be saved for a post-payday splurge.
Simon Forster, our Online Trading Director explains, “This is the app that every shopper has yearned for. Acting as a pocket personal shopper, downloading the Debenhams app means that getting lost, not being able to find your size and having to carry heavy bags home are pitfalls of shopping trips past.”
- Customers no longer have to scroll endlessly through reams of products online. The app’s personalised ‘My Debenhams’ tab narrows down the selection of items displayed by type, brand, colour, price and size.
- Bargain-hunters can select sale items only and can use the barcode scanner to access exclusive products and offers by looking out for specially generated visual QR codes in advertising and Debenhams’ store windows.
- The ‘Wish List’ and ‘Gift List’ features have been designed to help shoppers cope with their shopping, especially in the run-up to Christmas. You can email friends and family with your very own wish list of presents created by scanning products in store or selecting via the app.
- It’s also possible to organise shopping by using the gift list tab to allocate products to friends and family in your address book.
- To help locate that perfect gift, the app features a ‘Christmas’ section, identifying gifts for her and for him to solve even the most difficult to-buy-for conundrums.
- ‘Store Finder’ is the shopping sat-nav, using GPS technology to help you navigate the high street, locating the nearest Debenhams store as well as linking to Google maps to provide directions. Store contact details, opening hours, facilities and a floor guide are also available.
And we don’t intend to stop here. We are looking at expanding the app and creating more exciting shopping tools in future. Feel free to let us know what you think of the new app or what you’d like to see in future by leaving a comment. Disney Roller Girl and Tor from Fab Frocks have both given the app a try so see what they thought.