Your ultimate festival guide and fashion tips
BY STYLE EDITOR, ON 14 MAY 2009 13:14 SPRING/SUMMERCOMMENTS
The office is abuzz with festival talk. Which ones to go to? What to wear? What to pack? So we thought if we’re thinking about it, you’ll be thinking about it too. To help you make the right choices this summer we’ve put together the ultimate festival guide
The festivals we love, 2010:
11-13 Isle of Wight Festival
9-11 T in the Park
5-8 The Big Chill
21-22 V Festival
27-29 Leeds and Reading Festival
Stand-out from the crowd: Our top 5 style tips…
1) Dress sensibly – we all know you want to look good but dress according to the weather. If it’s cold, wet and rainy there’s no point in wearing something just because you look good. Think about layering up, it’s better to de-layer as the day gets warmer – shivering in a field is not a good look.
2) Grab a mac – a bright mac with a stylish cut is a great throw-me-on for any festival. Pinched in waists ‘are in’ so grab a mac with a belt.
3) Fabulous frames – sunglasses are a ‘must’ for any festival but get a pair of frames that suit your face. Oversized on a smaller face shape is real no, no.
4) Be original – avoid following the fashion pack and be a trendsetter instead. Tea dresses and waistcoats are so last season. Try a pair of shorts and patterned tee.
5) Wellies – plain is usually best. The only time you should draw attention to your feet is if you’re wearing a fabulous pair of killer heels or gladiator sandals.
… and don’t forget to pack:
- Socks – From colourful to plain there’s a great pair to match every outfit
- Waterproofs – Always be prepared for showers and downpours with our selection of macs and waterproofs
- Hoodies – For chillier days and nights throw-on a hoodie
- Padlocks – Keep your belongings safe with solid brass padlocks
- A Frisbee – A great way to have some fun and make new friends
- A bottle opener – The all essential tool to get the party going